Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C4T #3 Summary


I am still blogging with Jabiz intrepid teacher.
 His new post is titled, "Toys R Us, We are Watching You." Jabiz began his post by describing what a fabulous day that he had while out exploring nature with his children. When they returned home, he was "ambushed" by an advertisement from the famous retailer. Jabiz  described it as corporate bullying and went on to say how some large corporations influence our children to disconnect from nature and engage in corporate culture. Jabiz commented how it was left up to the parents and educators to provide our children with the balance that they need. In my comment to Jabiz, I thanked him for sharing the beautiful pics of his children. I also commented that I share in his disappointment of the ad. In response to his question about what can we do as educators and parents to get our kids exposed to nature and what project ideas that we have in mind, I commented that Art Education could have been incorporated into the advertisement. For example, the ad could have begin with a group of students going on a field trip to view the stages of toy making and the field trip could have ended at Toys R Us with the viewing of the finished product. I then left Jabiz my twitter address and he sent me a tweet about two hours later. To view the ad, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4zqbDjYO4#t=31

No comments:

Post a Comment