Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C4K Summary for the Month of October

My first C4K for the month of October was with a student named Ashley. She was in Mr. Rhodus 6th grade class. Ashley's blog was titled, "Do Birds get shocked when they sit on Wires?" Ashley went on to explain that birds do not get shocked because they are not good conductors of heat. Ashley said that the cells and neutrons in their bodies do not offer the electrons an easy route. I told Ashley that I am sure that I heard that explanation before, but since I have forgotten, thanks for reminding me. I also asked her if she thought that the reason why squirrels did not get shocked was for the same reason that the birds didn't.


My second C4K for the month was with Jennifer She was a student of an on line school for girls. However, the teacher was a male by the name of Mr. Gwaltney. The title of the post that I commented on was "An Interactive Understanding of the Government with an Emphasis on Learning Through Modern Example. Jennifer, also known as jhorowitz14 began her post by describing and assignment that she had done. In this assignment, the students were asked to use their imagination to create their own laws and amendments to the constitution after studying the disastrous and disorganized response to Hurricane Katrina. She went on to say that this particular class was the most challenging yet the most stimulating for her. Jennifer said that the class inspired here to become more informed of the current events and for this reason, she changed her home screen on her computer from Facebook to CNN. Needless to say,I introduced myself to Jennifer and thanked her for inspiring me to become more politically aware. I also said that I have often thought of writing my own laws because there are so many out of date laws on the books. Of course, I told her how I can relate to her about the class being the most challenging because I am experiencing that right now in EDM 310. I commented on how I am too stimulated by the topics discussed and the projects we do in our class and how we are also learning through modern example. I asked jhorowitz14 if she saw TED talks in her future because I think she would be perfect for it.


My third C4K for the month was with a little girl named Heather.She blogged about her science class. Heather commented on how fun the class was and how she knew that it was going to be a super year. She talked about the cell project that they were working on. She also said that her sister told her that later in the year that they will dissect a cow's eye. Heather also added a quote to her blog. She stated,"If you truly love someone then you would be willing to do anything for them even if it means you have to suffer." In my comment to Heather, I began by saying that I really enjoyed her blog and that she sounds like a very fun person. I also commented that I can tell that she is real excited about the science projects. I told Heather that when I took Biology that I also looked forward to lab days. I described the cell project that I did as well as one that another girl in my class did. I told her that I couldn't wait to hear what a cow's eye feels like. I told Heather about the time that I got to see part of a human eye transplant and how human eyes feel like jelly. I ended my post to Heather by asking her if she thought that she will go into a science field when she goes to college. I also commented on how true her quote was and to keep up the good work.


My last C4K for the month of October was with a little boy in Mrs. Gelder's 4th grade glass named Alex.His post was titled, "Who do you think will win out of the Red Sox and The Cardinals?" Alex basically commented that he thought the Red Sox would win. So,I replied by saying that I agreed with him. I told him that baseball was one of my favorite sports and how I went to three professional games. I asked him what was his favorite sport.I told Alex that I have two boys and that when they were his age, they played baseball but when the got older that both of them decided that they did not like it anymore and they became football players. I told Alex to keep up the good work and to remember to Go Red Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment